Monday, August 3, 2015

Now Where Does This Piece Go??

Well a picture tells a thousand words.. After the big move I shut the door on the shed and forgot about it for a few weeks. I was just over working on the shed. It had been a pretty intense 7 weeks to get it ready. Unfortunately I didn't have time to paint it, at the very least I was hoping to get it painted in an undercoat, but as you can see that didn't happen. It will happen at some stage but now I have things to paint around.

Here is a panoramic shot taken from the door the day after the move. What a mess/puzzle!




My first job was to roughly install some fluro tubes, These will follow the layout around, but i'm not sure where the edge is yet, so a temporary installation will have to do. This was the the first section installed. It runs along the back wall of the shed (left of picture) and it has the grade down to staging. Putting this section up gave me a small amount of floor space through which to walk and use.

A bit later looking the other direction along the back wall (right of picture) I've put the first bit of top deck on because it was a really awkward shape, and was always in the way.  I am holding off putting any more of the top deck on until I have finished the staging tracks. It's all to do with access.
I was able to get Norm Bray to give me a hand to position the two bits of internal wall. We had to unpack the shed, move stuff around and then repack it. There just isn't the space in the shed to move bits around to their final locations. Thanks Norm!

Here is a shot from the door looking at the other side of the internal wall. It's slowing coming together. Fortunately Brendan took lots of photos whilst he constructed it, and these have been invaluable in putting it back together, as have our hand written notes on the timbers.
I had this great idea that I would use the existing screw holes to put it back together. It worked really well until I looked along a long straight section of track going down to the staging and discovered that I had built a roller coaster. The screw holes work for the horizontal plane, but not for the vertical as the undulations in my slab floor and in a different location to Brendan's slab floor. Doh!
Anyway with the use of a laser level, some brute force and ignorance I got the subframe back to level, now I just need to adjust the track bed.

The bench work across the far wall has been found and installed.

I had a small disaster here. although the photo does not clearly show what has happened, that section leaning at 45 degrees is now about 4 feet to short. There was a join which was not adequately supported  and when I pushed it into place it let go. All the staging tracks were torn apart on the join, Grrr something else to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment