Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Negotiation, Deal and Shed Preperation

After a few days Brendan got back in touch and said that he thought that a Burlington Northern take over of the D&H was probably a good idea and that we should work out a deal. So over the next few days we figured out what he wanted to sell and what I wanted to buy and we reached an agreement that would see the D&H relocated to my shed.
Oh crap, now I have a deadline! We wanted to move the layout only once, so working back from Brendan's house settlement date, I figured I'd have about 6 weeks to get the shed sorted. So for the next 6 weeks, every spare moment that I had was spent on fitting out the shed.
The electrical wiring needed to be installed and connected, the concrete slab needed sealing, then I needed to put in stud walls and a ceiling.
The entire shed would need a stud frame wall built within the existing shed walls


The walls were insulated with r4 batts and were covered in 9mm mdf



A false ceiling was then in installed and insulated with r4 batts, the panel lifter from the bunnings hire shop made it so easy!

Almost done! In all it took around seven weeks, but that worked out well. As I was preparing the shed, Brendan had begun the massive job of packing up the trains as well as doing some preliminary dis-assembly. 
This last bit of stud framed wall needed to be removable until after the layout was installed. We were pretty certain that almost everything would come through the access door, but the internal walls that made up the peninsulas were most likely going to have to come through that part of the shed wall.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris welcome to the world of the Blog. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on your RR.
    Rod.

    ReplyDelete